Quotes from the category Ritual:
- A lot of habitually creative people have preparation rituals linked to the setting in which they choose to start their day. By putting themselves into that environment, they start their creative day. permalink
The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life (2003)
- I believe that we often disguise pain through ritual and it may be the only solace we have. permalink
Starting From Scratch (1988)
- Poetry is one of the essential structures of civilization — carrying myth, ritual, 'tales of the tribe' and the essence of language. permalink
quoted in Writer's Digest (1994)
- The preparation for the ritual is the ritual. permalink
Shattered Moon (1986)
- This is what rituals are for. We do spiritual ceremonies as human beings in order to create a safe resting place for our most complicated feelings of joy or trauma, so that we don't have to haul those feelings around with us forever, weighing us down. permalink
Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia (2006)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.