Quotes from the category Regret:
- A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. permalink
- I want to live my life so that my nights are full of regrets. permalink
- Make the most of your regrets.... To regret deeply is to live afresh. permalink
- Make the most of your regrets; never smother your sorrow, but tend and cherish it till it comes to have a separate and integral interest. To regret deeply is to live afresh. permalink
- Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. permalink
'Personal Prejudices' aphorism from Strictly Personal (1953)
- Remorse — Regret that one waited so long to do it. permalink
"The Mind of Men"
- The follies a man regrets most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. permalink
- The follies which a man regrets the most in his life are those which he didn't commit when he had the opportunity. permalink
- There is no point in regretting any part of the past. The past can't now be altered, the future has yet to be lived, and consciously to experience every moment of the present is the only way to gain at least the illusion of immortality. permalink
Time to Be in Earnest (1999)
- Time's great gift can heal the fevers
Called Remembrance and Regret. permalink
"Milly's Expiation" in A Chaplet of Verses (1862)
- When you have committed an action that you cannot bear to think about, that causes you to writhe in retrospect, do not seek to evade the memory: make yourself relive it, confront it repeatedly over and over, till finally, you will discover, through sheer repetition it loses its power to pain you. It works, I guarantee you, this sure-fire guilt-eradicator, like a homeopathic medicine — like in small doses applied to like. It works, but I am not sure that it is a good thing. permalink
How I Grew (1987)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.