Quotes from the category Parasite:
- A collector of quotations inevitably has some of the qualities of a parasite, feeding off the labors of others. permalink
The Book of Insults: Ancient and Modern (1978)
- Art is parasitic on life, just as criticism is parasitic on art. permalink
- If a man runs after money, he's money-mad; if he keeps it, he's a capitalist; if he spends it, he's a playboy; if he doesn't get it, he's a ne'er-do-well; if he doesn't try to get it, he lacks ambition. If he gets is without working for it, he's a parasite; and if he accumulates if after a lifetime of hard work, people call him a fool who never got anything out of life. permalink
- Jealousy is one of love's parasites. permalink
Josh Billings' Wit and Humor (1874)
- Suppose two-thirds of the members of the national House of Representatives were dumped into the Washington garbage incinerator tomorrow, what would we lose to offset our gain of their salaries and the salaries of their parasites? permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.