Quotes from the category Intimacy:
- Every intimacy carries, secreted somewhere below its initial lovely surfaces, the ever-coiled makings of complete catastrophe. permalink
Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage (2010)
- Games are a compromise between intimacy and keeping intimacy away. permalink
- Intimacy requires courage because risk is inescapable. We cannot know at the outset how the relationship will affect us. permalink
The Courage to Create (1975)
- Intimate relationships cannot substitute for a life plan. But to have any meaning or viability at all, a life plan must include intimate relationships. permalink
The Dance of Intimacy (1989)
- Relationships, casual or intimate, are frequently played out as they might be in theater, heightened, dramatized, staged with echoes of past dialogue and gestures that corrupt the spontaneity. permalink
On Reflection, An Autobiography, with Sandford Dody (1968)
- The nature of marriage is that, through its enduring bond, two persons together can find other freedoms, such as expression, intimacy, and spirituality. This is true for all persons, whatever their sexual orientation. permalink
for the court in Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U.S. ___ (26 June 2015)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.