Quotes from the category Honor:
- All sorts of articles and letters appear in the papers about women. Profound questions are raised concerning them. Should they smoke? Should they work? Vote? Marry? Exist? Are not their skirts too short, or their sleeves? Have they a sense of humor, of honor, of direction? Are spinsters superfluous? But how seldom similar inquiries are propounded about men. permalink
Mystery at Geneva (1922)
- Honor is simply the morality of superior men. permalink
- Honor to a Spaniard, no matter how dishonest, is as real a thing as water, wine, or olive oil. There is honor among pickpockets and honor among whores. It is simply that the standards differ. permalink
Death in the Afternoon (1932)
- The difference between a moral man and a man of honor is that the latter regrets a discreditable act, even when it has worked and he has not been caught. permalink
"The Mind of Men"
- The truth is, hardly any of us have ethical energy enough for more than one really inflexible point of honor. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.