Quotes from the category Grace:
- In the face of all this, a much different view of the court's role is possible. That view is more modest and restrained. It is more skeptical that the legal abilities of judges also reflect insight into moral and philosophical issues. It is more sensitive to the fact that judges are unelected and unaccountable, and that the legitimacy of their power depends on confining it to the exercise of legal judgment. permalink
dissenting in Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U.S. ___ (26 June 2015)
- It is the nature of grace, always to fill the spaces that have been empty. permalink
- Since we must eat to live, we might as well do it with both grace and gusto. permalink
How to Cook a Wolf (1951)
- Surely the hold of great music on the listener is precisely this: that the listener is made whole; and at the same time part of an image of infinite grace and grandeur which is creation. permalink
More in Anger (1958)
- We're creators by permission, by grace as it were. No one creates alone, of and by himself. An artist is an instrument that registers something already existent, something which belongs to the whole world, and which, if he is an artist, he is compelled to give back to the world. permalink
The Rosy Crucifixion I: Sexus (1949)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.