Quotes from the category Gifts:
- Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God's best gifts. It involves many things, but above all, the power of going out of one's self, and appreciating whatever is noble and loving in another. permalink
- Friendship is an art, and very few persons are born with a natural gift for it. permalink
Hands Full of Living: Talks with American Women (1931)
- I have an extraordinary attention span. I manage to juggle two or three different ideas at the same time, and that's probably, if I have a gift, that's probably the best gift that's given me. permalink
- If you think about what the world has evolved into, if people didn't give their gifts, not much would happen. You must see that your role on the planet is simply to discover your gift. And you must take responsibility for giving it, no matter what your origins were, or who your parents were, or how limited your education was, or your opportunities . . . you're still here to give your gift. permalink
lecture at Bodhi Tree Bookstore, West Hollywood, California (early 1996)
- Pain is a gift. Humanity, without pain, would know neither fear nor pity. Without fear, there could be no humility, and every man would be a monster. The recognition of pain and fear in others give rise in us to pity, and in our pity is our humanity, our redemption. permalink
- The proper aim of giving is to put the recipient in a state where he no longer needs our gift. permalink
- When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation. permalink
Music for Chameleons (1980)
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.