Quotes from the category Economy:
- A sound economy is a sound understanding brought into action: it is calculation realized; it is the doctrine of proportion reduced to practice; it is foreseeing consequences, and guarding against them; it is expecting contingencies and being prepared for them. permalink
"The Practical Use of Female Knowledge" in Strictures on the Modern System of Female Education (1799)
- Forgiveness is the economy of the heart.... Forgiveness saves expense of anger, the cost of hatred, the waste of spirits. permalink
"Christianity a Practical Principle" in Practical Piety (1811)
- Having seen a non-market economy, I suddenly understood much better what I liked about a market economy. permalink
"On the Frontier: An Interview with Esther Dyson" in Reason (October 1996)
- Most academic economists know nothing of economy. In fact, they know little of anything. permalink
- The existence of a free market does not of course eliminate the need for government. On the contrary, government is essential both as a forum for determining the "rules of the game" and as an umpire to interpret and enforce the rules decided on. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.