Quotes from the category Despair:
- A love of language may not guarantee happiness, but it allows you to express your dispair eloquently, and that is worth something. As any poet (or blogger) knows, misery expressed is misery reduced. permalink
The Geography of Bliss (2008)
- Believe flatterers and you're lost; believe your enemies — and you despair. permalink
Aphorisms (1880, 1890, 1905)
- Despair breeds fundamentalism, fanaticism, and terrorism. A world of truly shared abundance would be a safer world. permalink
Webs of Power: Notes From the Global Uprising (2002)
- I can endure my own despair but not another's hope. permalink
- It is part of the American character to consider nothing as desperate - to surmount every difficulty by resolution and contrivance. permalink
- My theory has always been, that if we are to dream, the flatteries of hope are as cheap, and pleasanter, than the gloom of despair. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.