Quotes from the category Comedy:
- A comedian is not funny unless he is taking his demons out for a walk. permalink
But Enough About You (1986)
- Not living in fear is a great gift, because certainly these days we do it so much. And do you know what I like about comedy? You can't laugh and be afraid at the same time — of anything. If you're laughing, I defy you to be afraid. permalink
Parade interview (23 September 2007)
- The devoted writer of humor must continue to try to come as close to the truth as he can, even if he gets burned in the process. But I don't think he will get too badly burned. His faith in the good will, the soundness, and the sense of humor of his countrymen will always serve as his asbestos curtain. permalink
Lanterns & Lances (1961)
- The gusto of one, the indignation of the other; the challenge of the one party, the response of the other; the eloquence and the comedy, the passion and the issues were ours — no other country can provide them. permalink
- To be comic is merely to be playful, but wit is a serious matter. To laugh at it is to confess that you do not understand. permalink
- Unless comedy touches me as well as amuses me, it leaves me with a sense of having wasted my evening. I go to the theatre to be moved to laughter, not to be tickled or bustled into it. permalink
- We've had disagreements over the years about lifestyle and business and money, and all the things peripheral to what we do best of all, which is produce comedy. The one thing that hasn't changed is our enjoyment of each other's sense of humour. I've always been wary of a Python reunion because we don't have Graham Chapman, who was such an important part of Python. He had his problems — he was a self-confessed alcoholic — but, God, he was a good actor and an odd, eccentric writer, too. We'd miss him if we got back together. permalink
- What may seem depressing or even tragic to one person may seem like an absolute scream to another person, especially if he has had between four and seven beers. permalink
Please report any problems on this page! If you see any typos, incorrect attributions, deformed characters, or any other problem with this page, we want to fix it as soon
as possible. Please click here to report errors.
Note: Do not use titles in author searches, we don't use them, including president, senator, prime minister, king, queen, saint, or doctor, or abbreviations thereof. See explanation here.