Quotes of the Day for 12 June 2003 – Absent Love
Danielle visited her long-distance boyfriend, and by the time she got home to catch up on the quotes that accumulated, she was already missing him enough to request quotes on Absent Love.
Is not absence death to those who love?
- Alexander Pope, 1688 - 1744
Sometimes only one person is absent and the whole world
- Alphonse Marie Louis de Lamartine, 1790 - 1869
Our hours in love have wings; in absence, crutches.
- Colley Cibber, 1671 - 1757
Absence abates a moderate passion and intensifies a great
one - as the wind blows out a candle but fans fire into flame.
- Francois, Duc de La Rochefoucauld, Maxims
Never part without loving words to think of during your
absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life.
- Jean Paul Richter, 1763 - 1825
Absence and death are the same - only that in death there
is no suffering.
- Walter Savage Landor, 1775 - 1864
Do you see an error on this page? A typo, a character that is messed up, a misattribution? Please let us know!